Friday 23 April 2010

Lucy's first day at our childminders

Lucy went to the childminders for an almost full day today. I really wanted to do this so that i knew and she knew, that she would be ok without me without the stress of me working too. She was fine!! no real tears and by all accounts she had a lovely day.

Getting out of the door in the morning could be interesting next week. I am going to need to be super organised with packed lunches for the three of us and clothes, nappies, breast milk!! all these things took me ages this morning and i definatly got a feel of what it would be like!


The day was wierd. We took Emily up to preschool and then i walked Lucy round to the child minders. I thought she was about to cry as i said goodbye to her and as the door closed i think she did a little. I didnt and i was very strong... but i kept myself busy all day and i only stopped for  a cuppa for 10 mins and i started to think about her. Had to get up and get going again.

I did get so much done tho. Cleaned all of the carpets up stairs and down, spring cleaned Emily and Lucy's room, moved all the furniture and hoovered and washed the skirting boards. Put stuff in the loft and generally tidied up.

When we went to pick up Lucy she had falled asleep in the childminders arms! Not one to go to sleep easily with out booby, she had decided she did not want to sleep in the cot and eventually went off with a cuddle! So lovely. I know she will get used to being there and they will all find there own routine.

All in all i feel happy that she will be ok with them, i could not ask for a better childminder. Dont get me wrong i do still feel ill when i think of leaving her and i think i was not too bad today as i was so focussed on what i wanted to get done in the house. Also i was only down the road from her not 20 minutes away. Anyway it was fine and i have to think about how well she did today!

No comments: