Sunday 18 April 2010

Chloe's christening

Today was a very special day. One of my close friends daughter, Chloe was christened today and i was lucky enough to have been asked to be God mother! Nicola and i went to playschool together and have been friends ever since. The funny thing is that we did not expect when we were sitting on a freezing cold playground at secondary school, that we would give birth to our girls just a week apart! So we hope that Lucy and Chloe will be life long friends too.

The day could not have been better, the weather was amazing. Lucy and i took an early walk up to the church, the one incidently that Nicola and i used to have harvest festival services at when we were at primary school. Lucy had a little nap and i enjoyed the sun on my face thinking about time and how it passes so quickly.

Chloe wore a beautiful dress and was really ready for her special day, waving at everyone and either giving gorgeous grins or hilarious frowns!
The service was lovely, Chloe didnt really cry and certainly didnt mind her head being washed with the Holy water.
The children played happily in the church yard while photos were taken, so lovely to see them running around in the spring sunshine.
We then had a beautiful afternoon in the pub garden and special room decorated for the occasion. The weather could not have been better and was just what we all needed, an afternoon sipping drinks with my friends.

The honour of being Chloe's God mother is not taken in vein for me, the promises i made in church are ones i intend to keep  and i am looking forward to years of watching her growing up.

I found this poem and i thought it was really touching, i put it in the card i sent to Chloe on her special day.
Precious Goddaughter

You are a precious miracle,
and a dream come true.
It will be my honor,
to grow in faith with you.
I welcome this invitation,
extended with love.
I will be your angel,
sharing promises from above.
As I gently hold you,
and look at your sweet face.
I say a little prayer,
may you be touched by grace.
So much of life ahead,
I dream of all you'll be.
Times we'll spend together-
my Goddaughter and me.
I will hold your hand,
and stand by your side.
I will be your model,
your teacher and your guide.
I will give you time,
with thoughts of you each day.
I will keep you in my prayers,
as you find your way.
I look forward to the years ahead,
and being a godparent to you.
May our treasured bond grow strong,
and in faith our hearts be true.

God bless you Chloe

No comments: