Wednesday 26 May 2010

My garden

I am so pleased with my garden this year. Last year it got forgotten and put t the bottom of the pile with a new baby but this year we have been out there together and are really enjoying it. I thought would share some photos.
potatoes in a hesian bag
Peas
carrots
cabbages to be moved once they are ready
Spring onions
So many tomatoes! went a bit mad with the seeds this year. Aslo home grown marigolds
hmm strawberries
Raspberries in s large pot!
either red currants or blueberries!!! its a suprise!
Runner beans in a large pot!
my lovely herb garden which was a present for my 30th.
This year i have tried to use every space available to me to have friut and veg. these flower pockets are fab and so easy to use and water.

And finally my beaufiful bush/tree. it has the most amazing blue blossom at this time of year. Wish i knew what it was called!
Also my alliums!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

All lovely, great to see uses of vertical space too.
I could probably (embarrasiingly) compete with you on the tomato plants - I always grown 4 or 5 varieties and this year had huge success on seedlings, I had so many I have been giving them away and sending them to allotment/gardening plant sales.

I'm no expert on shrubs but your beautiful blue one above - could be either a Lilac or a ceanothus - I can't quite tell what size your flowers are - the ceanothus are smaller and more blue. Might be worth googling them to see if it is either of them, or it might be something else.

Looking forward to seeing your garden grow.
x