Thursday 30 June 2011

Strike!!

Ok so i was not officially woking today but yes i can say "i was there" as i went to an official march in Canterbury to protest against the proposed  cuts to our pensions, paying more into our pensions and increasing the age of retirement. I mean really, what kind of a teacher am i going to be at the age of 68!!!???

 My little militant flag wavers! Oh how they loved the honking of the horns as people showed their signs of support.
 there was a meeting/ talk held in the conference room of the hotel and a child friendly grassy area to play in.
Then we took a stroll into the town centre!

If you really do not know a lot about this take a look at this kent nut
i also inputed my data in the NUT pensions calculator to see how this would affect me. I will be expected to work til i am 68 and i will lose £205,000. No i did not add too many zeros!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Well done Mama, right behind you on this one for the teachers and other public service staff x

Let's hope they listen before it's too late and they lose good staff again, and have trouble recruiting ... repeating history!

Lorna said...

It annoys me that people have slated teachers for striking because of course we are all seen as lazy. I didn't strike yet being in NASUWT but when my union do I WILL be part of it. It's so unfair to take more off us and give us less at the end of it. GRRRRRRR!!!