Sunday 1 May 2011

Girls bedroom

A couple of weeks ago the girls had a new carpet fitted in their bedroom, really pretty natural colour from a local company. This was obviously a great opportunity to do a spot of decluttering, something i have been longing to do for a while now. I really wanted the room to be as simple as possible as well as natural and reflect the things that they love rather than put up with because they are there.
We are all really pleased with the results and i thought i would post a few pictures to show our efforts.

 This as you may be able to tell is a belly cast we made of me when i was about 8 and a half months pregnant with Lucy! I love it because it reminds me of those precious weeks when she was nestled safely in my womb, the feeling of her moving and kicking inside me. And my how my boobs have shrunk since then!!
 I love East of India stuff!

 My hand made, recycled duvet cover, lovingly sewn for Lucy's little bed! How cute!
 Emily has taken a shine to the kangeroo that is in pride of place on her bed at the moment. It is a very old little roo as it used to be mine when i was much smaller that she is now. I think this is why she likes it so much, yes it is missing fur but its obvious even to a 4 year old that it was well loved.
 We all love the fact that the books are so accessible. They are freely choosing books all day long now which brings a smile to my face
 Just look at the wood and the natural colours!!!!
 I made this too.
And finally my nan's old chair, from her bedroom, and our much loved wooden dolls house.


All in all we all love the room, it reflects how i would like to live in the rest of the house and finally one room is finished!

3 comments:

Joxy34 said...

Beautiful, love the simple natural colours and the bedspread you made is gorgeous.

I'm hoping to sort Rye's room out later today, it looks like a whirlwind has spontaneously occured in there!

Lorna said...

Looks beautiful, you definitely have a flair for creating a look!!

Rose said...

There must be something in the air as we have just done the same thing! Finally I bought nice yet functional furniture for the kids and their oom is so much cosier now! And the fact they can see the things they have means everythings getting played with and read more ... just as you say! Well done mama, its worth the effort huh! X