Sunday 7 August 2011

Boot fair bargains and my first attempt at crochet

Yesterday morning we popped off to a boot fair nearby and managed to find a couple of little gems.

 I picked up this gorgeously cosy rug for £3. It was originally for school as i would like a rug to go on the carpet area but when we got it home and put it down in the front room, we realised it was never going to make it to school! Once through the washing machine and it is lovely and clean. Both the girls love it too. so soft and fluffy.


Also got this wicker basket, also for school and now destined never to make it!!! Now holds my candles. 50p :)

Now this is am really really chuffed with. This is my first real attempt at making a granny square. I think i have got it now and this is what i a managed to do in one evening upstairs in the bedroom while the 3 boys watch grewsome films downstairs (we have ian's boy staying this week) this will happen often, i feel, this week so should be a good time to have a go at this. My next thing is to try and make a granny triangle so i can make some Coulourful bunting for the spare room. Oh my, you should see the colours of wool i have chosen. Thank you to Joxy who helped me find a good shop to get them from. So watch this space......

No comments: