Sunday 10 July 2011

Post man pat!

Well Postman Emily really. This week i set uo a post office in the corner of our living room. Oh i love this sort of thing and i had great fun setting it up once they had gone to sleep. We have a postcards and envelopes, address labels for the parcels, parcel tape and string, printed stamps and our wooden till (which i love, asked for one in our classroom too!) There is also a set of weighing scale and a post man pat bag!. Everything you need to serve your customers, weigh the parcels and post them.


Everything that is until God father and Postman, Mike came over on Saturday with a few things to add...





Here's a letter mummy!

4 comments:

Scented Sweetpeas said...

Love this idea, I bet they had hours of fun!

Lorna said...

Oh I would love this too!! I went on a trip to the RAF museum recently with school and they had a role play airport - I was so into the role of check in girl weighing the luggage and asking the children if they had packed their own bags etc! A post office is particularly good as it's linked to my love of getting letters (even though now most letters are bills or other such dull things!)

Bristol Parenting Cafe said...

Hello, I hopped over from Slugs and Snails! I love this and the uniform too. I'm a fan of pretend shops/airports/garages too, which is lucky seeing as we tend to do a lot of it in my house!

Julie said...

What a fun game! That vest is enormous on her!