Saturday 20 February 2010

Lucy


Lucy today you are nine months old.
It does not seem a moment ago that you were suddenly there in my arms looking at me for the first time, feeding like it was second nature to you. Where has the time gone? We have seen the seasons change from a boiling hot summer where i worried about you being too hot, to a freezing cold winter and taking you out in the snow! Our journey together has been short but memorable in a different way to Emily. You have helped me to believe in myself. Given me confidence i did not have before and helped me question what i believe to be right. Who cares what other people think, i am following my instincts.All those peaceful nights we spent together while i watched you sleep next to me. I already miss them, feeling the warmth of you next to me as you snuggle in.

I hope you have had fun following your sister about where ever the need or want takes us, I hope you dont feel you have been pulled along where you did not want to be, fighting to be you. The time we have together alone is precious and not to be taken for granted. The real you will emerge as you grow older, finding your feet and standing up for your self. My one wish for you is that i teach you always to have the strength to be you and the confidence to achieve anything your heart desires. So Lucy as the years tick by remember your mummy has had such an amazing year at home with you and your sister and that i have always tried to do what i thought was best.

This poem always makes me smile and wish that my bubble could stay complete like this forever.

I hope my child looks back on today
and remembers a Mum who had time to play

There will be years for cleaning and cooking

But children grow up when we are not looking

Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow

Cos babies grow fast, we learn to our sorrow

So settle down cobwebs, dust go to sleep

I'm cuddling my baby, and babies don't keep

No comments: