Wednesday 19 January 2011

windy day and the rainbow fish.


The weekend saw some sunny windy days and we just loved the oppertunity to get out and let the wind blow through our hair. E asked if we had a kite which we do... i could not find it in our shed (another major sort out in the spring needed there!) so we made our own! a bin bag and some bamboo cane. It actually flew too! L loved it , "fly" she kept saying.


 We have been taken over by The Rainbow Fish in the last week. It all started with L learning the word "fish". oh my she loves fish and sees them everywhere. So i borrowed the story sack for school and both girls love it! It came with tiny shells, a real starfish and lots of other things including a dominoes set. lots of fun has also been had with making rainbow fish pictures etc. The Ocean book is an amazing book given to E on her birthday  by my good friend Ellie. it makes a different aquatic sound on each page.

And finally this picture is there to remind me of the things i believe to be best for my family and the rest of the world. I love this Duck from myriad. We bought it for L for christmas and it is a much loved toy in our house. I love the way it feels, the quality in the craftmanship and the ethics behind it. More recently i have not blogged as i know in my heart i am not living the green babies life that i wish for my family. Constantly swimming against the tide of consumerism, choice and conveniece coupled with lack of time. I intend to try and address this with out beating myself up too much about it. I am trying to get the washing dry outside of inside witout using the tumble dryed quite as much. we are eating from scratch most nights now partly because of the diet i am on (which is also taking alot of my energy and will power obviously) and a lot of this is organic. not local always tho. I did shop at farmers markets for all of the fruit and veg this week however.
ahhhhh i just wish i could do more, to change the way i feel about these things and bring them into every part of our lives. Anyway here is to 2011 and a more simpler life.

No comments: